We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Football
kleong Offline
Registered

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Football

In the other Group A match, Russia made their statement of intent by hammering Czech 4-1. Both Russia and Czech are the favourite to proceed from the Group with such a scoreline, Russia is only one victory away from making it through. Over at the Group of Death, we have the first shock result with Denmark winning 1-0 against the Netherlands. Touted as second favourite to win the cup, much was expect from the Dutch. However the Danes have other ideas. There is still hope for the Netherlands, remember how they lost their first match in Euro 1988 and then went on to win the tournament? But with matches against Germany and Portugal to come, they have the job cut out for them.
06-10-2012 04:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Billy-4- Offline
Registered

Football

Russia is the favourite to proceed to the next round, but Czech isn't. In my opinion Poland, Greece and Czech have the same chances.

Netherlands will find it difficult with such enemies, but there are still chances for them.
06-10-2012 05:49 AM
kleong Offline
Registered

Football

Holland have got to upped their game against Germany and Portugal, which ain't weaklings themselves. With defeat, it made their chance lesser. Spain started their defense of the title with a match against Italy. It is 0-0 at half-time. Both team have got the chances to take the lead but could not take their opportunity.
06-11-2012 02:52 AM
kleong Offline
Registered

Football

Day 3 and 4 gone by and the results, Spain 1-1 Italy, Croatia 3-1 Ireland, England 1-1 France and Ukraine 2-1 Sweden. For the looks of it, Croatia looks like a good team. They together with Russia are the stand out team for Round 1. With round 2 set to begin, lets hope the exciting continues.
06-12-2012 02:19 PM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Football

I haven't been paying much attention to too many of the matches lately, and only watch when I'm passing by the TV. xD But from what I've seen, the matches have been really close. There's been a lot of ties.

Last night's match, Poland vs. Russia, was pretty ugly in the second half, though. A bunch of yellows handed out. I was almost sad to be watching it. :/
06-14-2012 12:44 AM
kleong Offline
Registered

Football

With Group A and B settled, we are now left with Group C and D. And what a surprise it was. Having won their opening match 4-1 and drew 1-1 in their second match, Russia is almost sure of qualifying to the quarter-finals. But Czech and Greece had other ideas. Both nations won their last match 1-0 and the results means Russia is out of the tournament. In Group B, touted as the group of death, world cup finalist Netherlands was sent home without a single point. And they say this is the curse of the losing world cup finalist. So now, we await to see if any more "giants", the likes of Spain, Italy, England and France, will join them for an early summer break. Quarter finals match up, we have Germany vs Greece and Czech vs Portugal.
06-18-2012 03:57 PM
kleong Offline
Registered

Football

Down to the last four and we have Spain vs Portugal and Germany vs Italy. Not exactly a surprise except maybe for Portugal. The odd-on favorites is a match up between Spain and Germany in the final. Having seen Italy's performance so far, I am convince they will give the Germans a hard time.
06-26-2012 04:41 PM
Syryus Offline
Registered

Football

Portugal lost I say pretty much undeserved. It should have been a better match, but Spain just plays an ugly football and Portugal is not a team to press on hard enough.
I hope Germany goes through, because Italy vs Spain would be I think the ugliest euro final in the last decade or so.
06-28-2012 08:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kleong Offline
Registered

Football

Spain proved to be a notch better than the rest as they retain their trophy with the biggest scoreline in a Europe final. With the tournament over now, many will suffer from the "soccer deprive" syndrome till the new season kicks off in august.
07-03-2012 04:00 PM
Karanasher Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Football

This certainly seems to be the golden period in Spanish football. They have now won three consecutive titles viz. euro (2008), the world cup (2010), euro (2012).
07-03-2012 04:37 PM
sammaster Offline
Registered

Football

Football is also a really cool game.
I love it. Well, my favorite league is "Chelsea".
08-07-2012 03:36 PM
kleong Offline
Registered

Football

Usually I dread the off season whereby there is no football action for almost two months. However, with Euro 2012 and then the Olympics, it feels like the season has never ended. In any case, the 2012-2013 will kick off in a couple of days and boy, am I looking forward to it. With the additions of Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud, then Arsenal fans finally are optimistic about the new season. But, as news filter in, the captain and last season top score Van Persie has joined rival Man Utd. While no one wish to see him leave, his departure does not have as much impact as last season when Fabregas and Nasri left without any replacement. I am slightly confident about the new season. What about you? How do you think your team will fare?
08-16-2012 07:33 PM
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Football

Would you like a new thread for this year, Guys?

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
08-16-2012 08:33 PM
Karanasher Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Football

(08-16-2012 08:33 PM)bcousins Wrote:  Would you like a new thread for this year, Guys?

Ben, personally I think not many people will be interested in a new thread.
We can continue having the same one and let everyone discuss all that they want in this thread only.
08-20-2012 11:52 PM
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Football

Fair enough. As you were.

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
08-21-2012 08:46 AM
kenkimemia Offline
Registered

Football

i'm a fan of english football...EPL...BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE..the best of the best leagues. this year 2012 was but amazing. those teams that won the cups beat all odds to finish victors. Barcelona and Manchester United were all defeated by rivals Chelsea and Manchester city. Messi nonetheless didn't disappoint as he won 2012's golden boot.
08-21-2012 01:29 PM
raiyz212 Offline
Registered

Football

Chelseaaa...love it 1000000 times...
08-24-2012 06:34 PM
jmeforrest Offline
Registered

Football

Southampton, back in the premier league, and we'll be in Europe in 3 or 4 years, good times!
10-05-2012 09:57 PM
zetbaitsu Offline
Registered

Football

I like football, I am big fan of Chelsea FC
11-03-2012 07:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zetra Offline
Registered

Football

football is the best sports,
I am fans of Sriwijaya FC..
anyone know Sriwijaya FC ?
11-11-2012 03:53 PM