We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Bay?
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Music Bay?

Found this on Redit - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2376142,00.asp

Apparently Pirate Bay own Music Bay and it has been updated with an Coming Soon page.... Could be interesting.
01-24-2011 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Aerofreak Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Music Bay?

Oh my god. I mean this is a direct challenge to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) from Pirate Bay.

The best part of the entire item:
Quote:A Pirate Bay source in an interview with TorrentFreak said, "The music industry can't even imagine what we're planning to roll out in the coming months. For years they've complained bitterly about piracy, but if they ever had a reason to be scared it is now. It will be a special surprise for IFPI's 78th birthday, and we're thinking of organizing a huge festival in Rome where IFPI was founded."
Can't anyone do anything against these people who support piracy??
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 02:05 AM by Aerofreak.)
01-25-2011 02:05 AM
Rhydian Offline
Registered

Music Bay?

(01-25-2011 02:05 AM)Aerofreak Wrote:  Oh my god. I mean this is a direct challenge to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) from Pirate Bay.

Quote:A Pirate Bay source in an interview with TorrentFreak said, "The music industry can't even imagine what we're planning to roll out in the coming months. For years they've complained bitterly about piracy, but if they ever had a reason to be scared it is now. It will be a special surprise for IFPI's 78th birthday, and we're thinking of organizing a huge festival in Rome where IFPI was founded."

Sweden has very relaxed piracy laws so no. Whist it all seems a bit chaotic right now "Oh no my favourite band will be playing on the street for change" this is not going to happen, The music industry needs change and now would be the time to do it, with the release of more services like spotify and grooveshark you can enjoy premium music for free.
01-25-2011 03:17 AM
Find all posts by this user
Enarsee Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Music Bay?

(01-25-2011 03:17 AM)Rhydian Wrote:  
(01-25-2011 02:05 AM)Aerofreak Wrote:  Oh my god. I mean this is a direct challenge to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) from Pirate Bay.

Sweden has very relaxed piracy laws so no. Whist it all seems a bit chaotic right now "Oh no my favourite band will be playing on the street for change" this is not going to happen, The music industry needs change and now would be the time to do it, with the release of more services like spotify and grooveshark you can enjoy premium music for free.

Agreed.
If they keep on resisting, such people will keep finding new ways to crack their copy protection
01-25-2011 12:45 PM
NBardales Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Music Bay?

The only thing we can do for now is not support this kind of websites. Developers, musicians, bands, directors, actors and more work hard to make this things and most of them charge a reasonable fee, so this is really unfair.
08-22-2011 11:10 AM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Music Bay?

Well the music bay link now redirects to The Pirate Bay home page.

I understand what you are saying Nbardaless.

[error]Thread closed - oldish thread.[/error]
08-22-2011 12:00 PM
Thread Closed