We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT: Service Downtime Possible
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

All,
I recieved an E-Mail this morning from RazorServers, this is the guts:

Quote:October 26, 2012

Razor Servers Weather Alert

Re: Hurricane Sandy

As many of you know, the east coast mid atlantic region of the US is expecting a large hurricane in the coming days. This storm is currently forecast to pass over our area some time Monday in to Tuesday with rains starting this Saturday evening. For those clients concerned about our service reliability in events such as these here is some helpful information.

Razor Servers is located in Center City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are connected to our electric provider via high tension feeds from two city power grids, which are #1 and #3 in importance in the entire state of Pennsylvania. In the unlikely event both city power grids go offline we have diesel generator backup that will be instantly activated along with our UPS battery system. We have over four days of fuel on site and have automatic refills setup in the event we are running on the generator for any extended length of time.

Our building is one of the most securely and well built structures in the entire city with walls and floors being almost four feet thick of reinforced concrete and steel. While we do not anticipate any issues with our services there are many factors that could happen which are out of our control. We encourage you to visit http://status.gorazor.net through the coming days if you experience any issues. If you do not see any bad news posted then the issue is most likely isolated to just your servers(s) and you should contact support directly.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. For all of our local clients we encourage you to be smart and stay safe. We received this helpful list of items from our electric provider just as a reminder and wanted to pass it along to everyone.

********************************************************************************​**

- Do not enter basements that are flooded. The water at certain levels could be energized.

- Flooding can extinguish pilot lights on natural gas house heaters and other appliances. Natural gas customers experiencing flooding should leave their home immediately and contact PECO. Do not do anything that could cause a spark (like turning on lights or lighting a match).

- Sandy could bring high wind gusts to our area. These fierce winds will likely bring down trees and power lines. PECO urges everyone (including children and pets) to stay away from fallen power lines; downed lines can still be live and dangerous. Please report downed lines to PECO immediately at 1-800-841-4141.

- If an overhead electrical wire falls on your vehicle, keep driving if possible or stay inside the car and use a cell phone to call for help, if available. If there is a fire, exit immediately by jumping out with both feet together, never touching the car and the ground at the same time.

- PECO discourages the use of candles when power is lost. If candles must be used, place candles in safe holders and keep safely away from window curtains and any other flammable materials, as well as children and pets.

- A special message about using portable generators. Turn off all electrical fuses and circuit breakers when using a portable generator. This can prevent a possible electrical back feed that can be hazardous to PECO crews working nearby to restore your service. Generators also can emit carbon monoxide. Keep generators outside the house and away from intake vents.

********************************************************************************​**

In the event of us going down, we will inform you via social networking services.

Ben Cousins
On behalf of the H4P team

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
10-27-2012 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

As I live in the area, I'm following Hurricane Sandy as well. This is supposed to be really bad news for us... the winds will be the most likely problem.

I hope Host4Post's servers will stay safe, and anyone who lives in this area around me will stay safe as well!
10-27-2012 02:12 PM
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Can you keep us updated in this thread please Sly...

Cheers

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
10-27-2012 05:17 PM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

You want me to update you guys on what Hurricane Sandy is doing? Well, sure, I could, but I live in New York, not Philly. I'll keep tracking regardless, but sure, I'll keep you guys updated.

EDIT: According to the current projected track for Sandy, it's going on a direct course for the H4P servers in Philadelphia (last checked 10:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time).

[Image: trackmap_storm1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 12:56 AM by SlyCooperFan1.)
10-28-2012 12:53 AM
Firestar Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

What I've heard is that further inland the threat is less rain but the snow. There's a big cold front that's going to hit it head on with feet of snow and 40MPH winds.
10-29-2012 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

[quote name='Firestar' timestamp='1351484094' post='49831']
What I've heard is that further inland the threat is less rain but the snow. There's a big cold front that's going to hit it head on with feet of snow and 40MPH winds.
[/quote]That's in the mountains. Not a main threat for Philly, I think.Here's a picture of some of the damage in Philadelphia.

[Image: dqktgh.png]
10-30-2012 09:22 AM
kollein Offline
Registered

Hope with nice result!
Thanks For YourServices!
11-01-2012 10:11 PM