We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Online. Server Offline.
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Hello Guest,

Over the past two days, there have been some issues with the server. It will be online.... and then before you know it.... it'll be offline. We are not sure why this is occuring. I have contacted leyton..... and awaiting a reply.

More news will be updated as it comes to hand.

If you do ask questions, we may not be able to answer them.

Kind Regards,
Geek Cohen
02-22-2012 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

Could it be related to this? http://blog.123com.org/post/17936705846
I know it's about the VPS service. But it could be on the same server H4P uses.
02-22-2012 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

No, we use Pixie, and that would NOT cause that

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
02-22-2012 05:12 PM
Mejaskoyan Offline
Registered

I hope it'll be ok soon. I see also the post at http://blog.123com.org . The article is posted yesterday and maybe thats the cause?
02-22-2012 05:51 PM
Syryus Offline
Registered

I also thought we used PIXIE, but then PIXIE was online, PIPPA was down and my site was down also.
02-22-2012 09:03 PM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-22-2012 04:50 PM)SlyCooperFan1 Wrote:  Could it be related to this? http://blog.123com.org/post/17936705846
I know it's about the VPS service. But it could be on the same server H4P uses.

That is not our VPS. I did look into that and that is not us.

(02-22-2012 05:12 PM)bcousins Wrote:  No, we use Pixie, and that would NOT cause that

Exactly.

(02-22-2012 05:51 PM)Mejaskoyan Wrote:  I hope it'll be ok soon. I see also the post at http://blog.123com.org . The article is posted yesterday and maybe thats the cause?

That is not us. There is nothing relating to Pixie and the current issues.

(02-22-2012 09:03 PM)Syryus Wrote:  I also thought we used PIXIE, but then PIXIE was online, PIPPA was down and my site was down also.

Pippa is the node that I thought we were located on. However, I checked the VPS control panel earlier today and saw that we are on Freddie (Not sure what is going on there). Pixie is our server.

I am still awaiting a reply from leyton.... then is when I will know more Smile
02-22-2012 10:11 PM
Syryus Offline
Registered

There is no Freddie :|
02-23-2012 12:17 AM
tronik Offline
Registered

Any updates? The server has been down all day, I'm hoping I can get into cpanel soon so I can grab a backup of my database.
02-23-2012 05:20 AM
Natokill4 Offline
Registered

(02-23-2012 05:20 AM)tronik Wrote:  Any updates? The server has been down all day, I'm hoping I can get into cpanel soon so I can grab a backup of my database.

This is really bad for business, so I'm sure it's top priority to first restore everyones services and then lock out the problem(s).
02-23-2012 05:58 AM
tronik Offline
Registered

I got my backup, my hosting account can be deleted. If you type http://yourdomain.com:2082 cpanel still works. I will no longer be using the services of host4post. Thanks for the hosting, but I can't take all this downtime. Like NatoKill said it's bad for business.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 06:31 AM by tronik.)
02-23-2012 06:30 AM
Mejaskoyan Offline
Registered

(02-23-2012 06:30 AM)tronik Wrote:  I got my backup, my hosting account can be deleted. If you type http://yourdomain.com:2082 cpanel still works. I will no longer be using the services of host4post. Thanks for the hosting, but I can't take all this downtime. Like NatoKill said it's bad for business.

thanks bro for that info, i can now download all by bak ups. Smile
02-23-2012 06:44 AM
PureKaoz Offline
Registered

One question though, have you made sure that Pixie is not part of a cloud, the way they group 3 servers together (Pippa, Pixie and the other one) arey ou sure they aren't connected, in the manner of a Cloud system? OR, it could be that... one of the IP's that runs Pixie's DNS is also connected to Pippa, you never know.
02-23-2012 07:38 AM
Natokill4 Offline
Registered

I don't know if I can consider it progress or what but my site no longer even tries to load, it just cannot be found. Hopefully that means that the servers have been shut down for the repair.
02-23-2012 07:47 AM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-23-2012 12:17 AM)Syryus Wrote:  There is no Freddie :|

I know, that is what I cannot work out.

(02-23-2012 05:20 AM)tronik Wrote:  Any updates? The server has been down all day, I'm hoping I can get into cpanel soon so I can grab a backup of my database.

No further updates.

(02-23-2012 06:30 AM)tronik Wrote:  I got my backup, my hosting account can be deleted. If you type http://yourdomain.com:2082 cpanel still works. I will no longer be using the services of host4post. Thanks for the hosting, but I can't take all this downtime. Like NatoKill said it's bad for business.

We are sorry for this.

(02-23-2012 07:38 AM)PureKaoz Wrote:  One question though, have you made sure that Pixie is not part of a cloud, the way they group 3 servers together (Pippa, Pixie and the other one) arey ou sure they aren't connected, in the manner of a Cloud system? OR, it could be that... one of the IP's that runs Pixie's DNS is also connected to Pippa, you never know.

I do not believe anything is a part of the cloud.

(02-23-2012 07:47 AM)Natokill4 Wrote:  I don't know if I can consider it progress or what but my site no longer even tries to load, it just cannot be found. Hopefully that means that the servers have been shut down for the repair.

It is currently offline and it will be back soon. This is a occurring regularly.
02-23-2012 07:49 AM
Root Offline
Administrators

Administrator

Hello Host4Post Users,

Our Cacti monitoring system has not shown any recorded downtime from our internal network for the Pixie server.

Neither has our datacentre informed us of any IP's being nullrouted.

The Pixie server was provided to H4P in an unmanaged sense, but we are looking into it.

We have been migrating excess users from Pippa (and today from Paul) over to our node "Freddie", which is a far more powerful French-hosted server.

Cohen has informed me that this issue has only arisen since the application of the latest cPanel update to Pixie, which sets alarm bells off for me.

I am looking into this, and normal service will be restored - there is no need to panic. This is being treated as a cPanel error at the moment.

Thanks,
Leyton Reed
02-23-2012 08:04 AM
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(02-23-2012 08:04 AM)Leyton Wrote:  The Pixie server was provided to H4P in an unmanaged sense, but we are looking into it.

Cohen has informed me that this issue has only arisen since the application of the latest cPanel update to Pixie, which sets alarm bells off for me.

That would make it a 123com issue, Correct? Even though the server is unmanaged, It was after an update, and as a result would then be up to 123com to fix?

Just curious.

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
02-23-2012 08:11 AM
Root Offline
Administrators

Administrator

(02-23-2012 08:11 AM)bcousins Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 08:04 AM)Leyton Wrote:  The Pixie server was provided to H4P in an unmanaged sense, but we are looking into it.

That would make it a 123com issue, Correct? Even though the server is unmanaged, It was after an update, and as a result would then be up to 123com to fix?

Just curious.

Technically, no - we provide a working box when ordered, and from there our maintenance requirement is to ensure that the box is always running (at OS level) and has network connectivity.

It is then the H4P staff's responsibility to maintain a working instance of cPanel.

From what I can see, H4P was set to upgrade to the Release Candidate of cPanel, which is likely to cause issues, I am now downgrading the server to the Stable release.

Thanks.
02-23-2012 08:14 AM
PureKaoz Offline
Registered

Well i know that the new cPanel release was working fine when i logged in, and when the server was stable. It seemed to have no problems whatsoever.
WHM/cPanel is giving this error now:

Quote:Can't locate Cpanel/LegacyLogin.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/perl/_diet /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CPAN/overload/__Time /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CPAN/overload/__File__GlobMapper /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CPAN/overload/__Digest /usr/local/cpanel/perl /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/build-tools/stubs /usr/local/cpanel/perl/C220 /usr/local/cpanel/perl/5.6.2/i686-linux /usr/local/cpanel/perl/5.6.2/i686-linux /usr/local/cpanel/perl/5.6.2 /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl/5.6.2/i686-linux /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl/5.6.2/i686-linux /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl/5.6.2 /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl/5.6.2/i686-linux /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl/5.6.2 /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl . /usr/local/cpanel/perl/5.6.2/i686-linux /usr/local/cpanel/perl/5.6.2 /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl/5.6.2/i686-linux /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl/5.6.2 /usr/local/cpanel/perl/site_perl .) at (eval 8) line 1, line 2.

at (eval 8) line 1
eval 'require Cpanel::LegacyLogin;' called at cpsrvd-ssl line 8055
main::process_legacy_login('login', 'IO::Socket::INET=GLOB(0xa71f2d8)', 'cpanel', 'goto_uri', '/', 'dest_uri', '/', 'user', ...) called at cpsrvd-ssl line 2590
main::badpass() called at cpsrvd-ssl line 4649
main::handle_auth() called at cpsrvd-ssl line 973
main::handle_one_connection() called at cpsrvd-ssl line 843
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 08:29 AM by PureKaoz.)
02-23-2012 08:17 AM
Syryus Offline
Registered

I think it's the downgrading procedure. But how come PIXIE is still on and off? And while it's on it behaves like it's off...za hell?? Smile)
02-23-2012 08:40 AM
PureKaoz Offline
Registered

I don't know, but i think Cohen is still super busy doing something, so it may be a little while before we get access back. I do know that its hurting my adsense a lot~
02-23-2012 08:42 AM
Thread Closed