We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Online. Server Offline.
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I haven't been regularly checking, but every time I checked, cPanel and the website were up and running. I didn't encounter a period of downtime, but then again, I wasn't checking all the time.
02-27-2012 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-26-2012 10:16 PM)Leyton Wrote:  75 accounts have been suspended under the user "gamestor".

A majority of them have been linked to hacking, we'll see if the server fairs up to that.

Yeah, I think we need to have a chat about his reseller.....

(02-27-2012 12:40 AM)Leyton Wrote:  No, the server bummed out during the upgrade. I'm working on it.

(02-27-2012 01:07 AM)Leyton Wrote:  Apache logs, looks like PureKaoz is causing some incredibly high apache load.

http://pastebin.com/2RgbbXTW

I am looking at two solutions at the moment. Don't worry.

I've noticed that to.

(02-27-2012 06:43 AM)Leyton Wrote:  We are looking into every avenue at the moment.

How stably is the server running for you guys now? I've stopped getting emails saying HTTPd is crashing.

Thanks.

I've stopped getting downtime e-mails from Pingdom now. And they stopped at 1am Aus time.
02-27-2012 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
PureKaoz Offline
Registered

Its because my site has a error.. htaccess is what its saying in the error log so i made a blank one and it stll just wnt to a different error page (mmy ads)
You guys are silly i use no proxies for views. And just to let ya know leyton i had a huge contest and user deletion going on so alot of people have been trying to get online. Also everything in that apche log is on my honepage.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 10:14 AM by PureKaoz.)
02-27-2012 10:08 AM
Zukdeen Offline
Registered

It's down now, at least for me...
02-28-2012 02:35 AM
PureKaoz Offline
Registered

Same bud, its all of us.
02-28-2012 04:54 AM
cjmwid Offline
Registered

its all down for me ever h4p.co
02-28-2012 06:29 AM
Natokill4 Offline
Registered

I would not be surprised if Cohen comes on in the next few days and says that H4P is shutting down forever. This is getting more and more intolerable and I think I speak for more than myself here.
02-28-2012 07:10 AM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-28-2012 02:35 AM)Zukdeen Wrote:  It's down now, at least for me...

(02-28-2012 04:54 AM)PureKaoz Wrote:  Same bud, its all of us.

(02-28-2012 06:29 AM)cjmwid Wrote:  its all down for me ever h4p.co

Yeah, not sure what is going now....

(02-28-2012 07:10 AM)Natokill4 Wrote:  I would not be surprised if Cohen comes on in the next few days and says that H4P is shutting down forever. This is getting more and more intolerable and I think I speak for more than myself here.

That won't be happen and I won't let that happen. We have a strong community and a great sponsor. We have ups and downs and this is a down moment for us.... we are working to get it fixed... and because we are a free service, although we moderate what signups occur, we cannot moderate it completely like a paid service.... when it comes to free stuff, people will put anything on their website. With a paid service, they have a reason and a purpose and are paying to have their website online..... while host 4 post is like that, it is a different situation.
02-28-2012 08:13 AM
Root Offline
Administrators

Administrator

The reason for H4P being offline now is that the node is having issues where the two RAID drive for VZData have fallen out of sync - and because of this, the server won't boot.

The datacentre are rebuilding the drives now so that they are mirrored perfectly again, and the system will boot up.

Thanks,
LR
02-28-2012 09:04 AM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-28-2012 09:04 AM)Leyton Wrote:  The reason for H4P being offline now is that the node is having issues where the two RAID drive for VZData have fallen out of sync - and because of this, the server won't boot.

The datacentre are rebuilding the drives now so that they are mirrored perfectly again, and the system will boot up.

Thanks,
LR
Okay, thank you for fixing Issue #5. Now how much longer until Issue #6 shows up?

Seriously, I think I'm not the only one getting a little annoyed that issue after issue have suddenly started to pile up. :/ It's been a week now and the downtime hasn't gotten any better. While we've been fixing issues, more show up.
02-28-2012 10:15 AM
Ben Cousins Online
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Welcome to the weired, wacky and wonderful world of server management. You may start being irritated now.

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
02-28-2012 10:28 AM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-28-2012 10:15 AM)SlyCooperFan1 Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 09:04 AM)Leyton Wrote:  The reason for H4P being offline now is that the node is having issues where the two RAID drive for VZData have fallen out of sync - and because of this, the server won't boot.

Thanks,
LR
Okay, thank you for fixing Issue #5. Now how much longer until Issue #6 shows up?

Seriously, I think I'm not the only one getting a little annoyed that issue after issue have suddenly started to pile up. :/ It's been a week now and the downtime hasn't gotten any better. While we've been fixing issues, more show up.

Look, as I said. We are a free service and these things happens. Unfortunately technology does fail us at times and we have to deal with these things. If you paid for a service..... with a paid hosting service, I could understand how annoyed you may be, but some of you are not paying for a service, so you need to understand that these things will happen. Generally this doesn't happen and we don't want these things to happen, however they do happen.

(02-28-2012 10:28 AM)bcousins Wrote:  Welcome to the weired, wacky and wonderful world of server management. You may start being irritated now.

Exactly, it can be annoying with server management and I get frustrated when these things happen, however there is nothing that we can do about it and it great to hear that Leyton is reporting back to us with all the news.
02-28-2012 10:42 AM
Ben Cousins Online
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator

(02-28-2012 08:13 AM)Geek Cohen Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 07:10 AM)Natokill4 Wrote:  I would not be surprised if Cohen comes on in the next few days and says that H4P is shutting down forever. This is getting more and more intolerable and I think I speak for more than myself here.

That won't be happen and I won't let that happen. We have a strong community and a great sponsor. We have ups and downs and this is a down moment for us.... we are working to get it fixed... and because we are a free service, although we moderate what signups occur, we cannot moderate it completely like a paid service.... when it comes to free stuff, people will put anything on their website. With a paid service, they have a reason and a purpose and are paying to have their website online..... while host 4 post is like that, it is a different situation.

So, We have established that:

-Host4Post WILL NOT be closing down
-They are working on it (these things take time)
-Host4Post is a FREE Service (Unless you have the unlimited packages)

Now, I understand that this is the last thing you want to read, and in that case, Read no further... But:
All servers have downtime. All of them. Nothing you can do about it. You can sit here, and bitch, OR, you could be doing something constrictive (Building your website further).

I, Like Cohen, and Leyton, DO NOT come here to explain the same thing, over and over again. I get it, your webpage is down. and you are upset, but that is no reason to have a flinging match with the staff making wild assumptions such as the one here:
Its upsetting to see that you've all lost faith in your host. I am sure Cohen and Leyton fully agree with me.

02-28-2012 10:43 AM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-28-2012 10:42 AM)Geek Cohen Wrote:  Look, as I said. We are a free service and these things happens. Unfortunately technology does fail us at times and we have to deal with these things. If you paid for a service..... with a paid hosting service, I could understand how annoyed you may be, but some of you are not paying for a service, so you need to understand that these things will happen. Generally this doesn't happen and we don't want these things to happen, however they do happen.

I understand, Cohen. I'm eternally grateful to have this service provided for free, and I shouldn't be complaining about probably the one time since I've had my account on here that the server has decided to not cooperate. I'm just expressing my concern that so many issues arose at the same exact time, though.

I do not expect H4P to shut down from this one incident, and I'm grateful for your hard work, Cohen and Leyton. I'm just shocked to hear so many things go wrong at once, and I'm a little hesitant to believe we've got it made in the shade now. I apologize if I insulted anyone or H4P's services; I was just a little annoyed that the server wanted to shove every one of these problems at us at once.
02-28-2012 02:31 PM
Ben Cousins Online
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator

(02-28-2012 02:31 PM)SlyCooperFan1 Wrote:  I shouldn't be complaining about probably the one time since I've had my account on here that the server has decided to not cooperate.

Technology, Huh?

(02-28-2012 02:31 PM)SlyCooperFan1 Wrote:  I do not expect H4P to shut down from this one incident, and I'm grateful for your hard work, Cohen and Leyton. I'm just shocked to hear so many things go wrong at once, and I'm a little hesitant to believe we've got it made in the shade now. I apologize if I insulted anyone or H4P's services; I was just a little annoyed that the server wanted to shove every one of these problems at us at once.

Look, Its not your fault.

02-28-2012 02:39 PM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-28-2012 02:31 PM)SlyCooperFan1 Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 10:42 AM)Geek Cohen Wrote:  Look, as I said. We are a free service and these things happens. Unfortunately technology does fail us at times and we have to deal with these things. If you paid for a service..... with a paid hosting service, I could understand how annoyed you may be, but some of you are not paying for a service, so you need to understand that these things will happen. Generally this doesn't happen and we don't want these things to happen, however they do happen.

I understand, Cohen. I'm eternally grateful to have this service provided for free, and I shouldn't be complaining about probably the one time since I've had my account on here that the server has decided to not cooperate. I'm just expressing my concern that so many issues arose at the same exact time, though.

I do not expect H4P to shut down from this one incident, and I'm grateful for your hard work, Cohen and Leyton. I'm just shocked to hear so many things go wrong at once, and I'm a little hesitant to believe we've got it made in the shade now. I apologize if I insulted anyone or H4P's services; I was just a little annoyed that the server wanted to shove every one of these problems at us at once.

Well its better to have things go all at once.... then have them fail once and then weeks later something else fail.....
02-28-2012 07:23 PM
Ben Cousins Online
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator

I concur with Cohen. If everything fails at once, Then we should have a decent uptime, after all this

02-29-2012 10:10 AM
Zukdeen Offline
Registered

Any news? ETAs or something?
02-29-2012 10:41 AM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

(02-29-2012 10:41 AM)Zukdeen Wrote:  Any news? ETAs or something?

Nothing that we can provide. Leyton can though and he does when there is news.
02-29-2012 11:44 AM
PureKaoz Offline
Registered

Everyone just has to remember that you are a part of this community! Sit back and do what you always do, it will come around.
02-29-2012 11:56 AM
Thread Closed