We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After PHP what?
Bjarne Offline
Registered

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
After PHP what?

Ok PHP rules the world, but do you think there will be some other scripting language after that?
It surely does all we need by now and PHP will evolve with time, but do you ever think you can come up with something better?
04-14-2010 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
After PHP what?

Java i would think would be next.
04-15-2010 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gigawareproductions Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

Im sure eventually there will be a language that surpasses PHP but for the time being PHP does every thing the web needs.
04-15-2010 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
After PHP what?

Php Rullz
04-15-2010 11:03 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Bjarne Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

(04-15-2010 09:55 AM)Cohen Wrote:  Java i would think would be next.

While writing the post I was thinking about Java, I have an idea why Java is not the de facto standard for all applications, it's cross browser, but it's slower than other when it comes to performance.
04-15-2010 02:14 PM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
After PHP what?

(04-15-2010 02:14 PM)Bjarne Wrote:  
(04-15-2010 09:55 AM)Cohen Wrote:  Java i would think would be next.

While writing the post I was thinking about Java, I have an idea why Java is not the de facto standard for all applications, it's cross browser, but it's slower than other when it comes to performance.

Yeah, i am thinking about learning Java, but just haven't got around too with other things going on.
04-15-2010 10:51 PM
Jaipai Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

Well most definitely PHP will be outgrown to fast, sexier and a more able language. I feel with HTML5 technology around the corner it will be most likely something which will be gone at some point in time. I'd think in about a decade if not shorter we would have a software which would be a mainframe for design, and ajax-style shenanigans and server-side interactions with the user. If one would create such a language in a open-source method I'd think that people would most definitely evolve to use that instead of our bland and sluggish PHP.
05-11-2010 09:42 PM
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
After PHP what?

With the recent advancements in CSS and HTML, PHP will be out-grown as you said jaipai. But if PHP is developed along with CSS and HTML, it'll be great! But i guess we will wait and see what does happen with it in the future.
05-11-2010 11:00 PM
hacksider Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

PHP with html5 will be a great combination. Though html5 is quite young this days (and still very few browsers support them fully) you might try to use ajax as of this moment.
05-12-2010 12:00 PM
Jaipai Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

(05-12-2010 12:00 PM)hacksider Wrote:  PHP with html5 will be a great combination. Though html5 is quite young this days (and still very few browsers support them fully) you might try to use ajax as of this moment.

Or, Jquery is extremely easy to use to someone who does not even know much or anything about javascript. + theres so much community behind it with easy to use plugins.
05-12-2010 12:32 PM
Loading Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

I would go for Java, not sure if it's hard (never really tried it) but you can make nice stuff using it.
05-13-2010 06:46 AM
hacksider Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

Well, if you can write on PHP then you can probably write on java, c++ or c# with very minor adjustments.
05-13-2010 11:32 AM
Chase Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

I don't know- though I'm still learning PHP, there's nothing after it I feel the need to learn. Being a web developer, things like Java, C#, or C++ seem to have no need. But I think I will learn Javascript, for the sole purpose of jQuery.
05-13-2010 02:41 PM
Jaipai Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

The beauty of jQuery is that you don't even need to know javascript to use it. I use jQuery apps all the time, I can't make my own stuff but I can take what is built through plugins and can customize it to make it look so much different and make it my own. Theres so much plugins out there already made, why would I waste my time making my own to do something so similar? '

jQuery is great!
05-13-2010 04:09 PM
intel Offline

Banned
After PHP what?

php5 is a good script.... PHP will evolve with time, but do you ever think you can come up with something better?
09-17-2010 01:12 PM
Jaipai Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

Java won't be the next language for any website... You need a plugin for a simple application, who wants that - its buggy too.

PHP will become better when they optimize object-oriented programming, I feel it could be much better than it is presently and if it does it will make programming easier as objects will be easily editable and application. I think OOP needs to be better if they want to make it better.
10-03-2010 05:40 AM
batidora Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

I agree with Jaipai, PHP will continue evolving. The worldwide community will keep it strong and since many coders and programmers are looking for ways to make better and faster I'm sure PHP will be king for many years. Well... until Apple decides to launch its own iCode or something, we'll see.
12-01-2010 12:51 PM
twx314 Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

And Python i would think would be the next.
12-01-2010 01:25 PM
Jaipai Offline
Registered

After PHP what?

Python will never be the next. No doubt about it, sorry but python is not growing. Ruby on Rails is what seems to be on the rise these days. But I'm unsure if it will ever surpass PHP. As you can see with the new PHP 5.3.3 there are great new implementations which are great and will conserve its online presence.

On the note of a certain apple created server-side language. I don't think this would happen because if they did create a server-side language then it would only be able to run on apple servers. I don't think apple will go in this direction in anyway, I don't see incentive for them to go there. Anything open source would be much much better...
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2010 09:45 AM by Jaipai.)
12-02-2010 09:42 AM
Staggr Offline
Pre-Members

Pre-Member
After PHP what?

After PHP, You should learn SQL if you are planning on making a website Smile
01-27-2011 05:09 AM