We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney, Seriously america?
jmeforrest Offline
Registered

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Are any of you planning to vote Romney? Why? I just dont get it.

I live in the UK, so have no real say in it, but every 4 years I get sucked into the elections, and this guy is dengerous, do you agree?
10-05-2012 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

Hi there jmeforrest. Smile

The point of our Presidential elections is to vote between different people with different ideas and different opinions. Mr. Mitt Romney has his opinions and President Barack Obama has his opinions.

I am not, as of yet, a registered voter, so I cannot voice my opinion in this election. However, I really wish I could, because I am definitely voting for President Obama. Romney is a huge liar, and if he is elected, our country will be affected very negatively. I agree that he is dangerous to our country's image. I think he even made an insulting joke to the British Prime Minister at the Olympics? People said that Romney was more like Mr. Bean there.

Currently, Obama is winning in the polls over Romney. However, we still have five weeks until election. Anything can happen.
10-06-2012 04:42 AM
Firestar Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

I would be but age-wise I'm off by a year.
Personally, yeah, I find him not very likable (I don't like either of them - just BSing politicians)
The reasons why are simple - drilling. That's my families business. Obama being in office threatens are entire lifestyle, so regardless of other issues we can't support the guy who would lead to us being out of work. I also like Romneys tax plan and hate Obamas healthcare plans.
10-06-2012 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator
Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

[quote name='Firestar' timestamp='1349491465' post='49626']
(I don't like either of them - just BSing politicians)
[/quote]

Since Australia's federal election is next year, and I'll be voting I agree with that line

I'm Ben; your bright, shiny, benevolent dictator.

My PM inbox is not for support tickets. Please create one in the correct forum.

Other projects include: Asperger's Network
10-06-2012 01:03 PM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

[quote name='Firestar' timestamp='1349491465' post='49626']The reasons why are simple - drilling. That's my families business. Obama being in office threatens are entire lifestyle, so regardless of other issues we can't support the guy who would lead to us being out of work. I also like Romneys tax plan and hate Obamas healthcare plans.[/quote]Obama's increased domestic oil drilling, but on top of that he's supporting green energy. The oil drilling is going to be a temporary solution under him. Romney wants to decrease the green energy idea and just go for drilling. So yes, in the short term, you'd vote for Romney there. But in the long-term, no matter who is elected President for the next four years, your family has to find another job, because the world is turning to clean energy faster and faster. Oil dependency is decreasing.

I love how you like Romney's tax plan when it makes no sense. He said he'll lower tax rates for the middle class, but also lower deductibles. In essence, he's really lowering nothing. He also said one of these deductibles will be the capital gains tax, which will be removed entirely. If you don't know what capital gains is, it's when you earn money from the stock market and you pay taxes on that money you take out. But do middle-class people spend and take so much every day in the stock market? Hell no, only the rich do that. tl;dr Romney favors the rich and taxes will pretty much not be affected.

If you hate Obama's healthcare plan, then you hate what Romney did as governor in Massachusetts. He enacted the same exact thing that Obama enacted, just on a state level: everyone in Massachusetts has to get healthcare, otherwise their taxes will increase so they can get healthcare from the government. Sound familiar? Plus, what pisses me off about Romney's health-care idea is that he wants to scrap what Medicare and Medicaid do for future seniors (not for our parents, but for you and me, Firestar, who will be entering the job market very soon), and instead, when we become 65, we'll get a "voucher system," where we get a check for some amount of money and we're told "Knock yourselves out." No more money per month, just one voucher that might not last us even a few months with healthcare.

tl;dr Romney is a piece of crap. I can't wait to see what his foreign policy is during the next Presidential debate, because he's a businessman and he hasn't said a single thing about foreign policy.

EDIT: Just found this. Thought it was pretty funny xD http://onslaughtsix.tumblr.com/post/3238...kizzle-wow
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 03:25 PM by SlyCooperFan1.)
10-07-2012 02:29 AM
Firestar Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

[quote name='SlyCooperFan1' timestamp='1349540960' post='49647']
Obama's increased domestic oil drilling, but on top of that he's supporting green energy. The oil drilling is going to be a temporary solution under him. Romney wants to decrease the green energy idea and just go for drilling. So yes, in the short term, you'd vote for Romney there. But in the long-term, no matter who is elected President for the next four years, your family has to find another job, because the world is turning to clean energy faster and faster. Oil dependency is decreasing.

I love how you like Romney's tax plan when it makes no sense. He said he'll lower tax rates for the middle class, but also lower deductibles. In essence, he's really lowering nothing. He also said one of these deductibles will be the capital gains tax, which will be removed entirely. If you don't know what capital gains is, it's when you earn money from the stock market and you pay taxes on that money you take out. But do middle-class people spend and take so much every day in the stock market? Hell no, only the rich do that. tl;dr Romney favors the rich and taxes will pretty much not be affected.

If you hate Obama's healthcare plan, then you hate what Romney did as governor in Massachusetts. He enacted the same exact thing that Obama enacted, just on a state level: everyone in Massachusetts has to get healthcare, otherwise their taxes will increase so they can get healthcare from the government. Sound familiar? Plus, what pisses me off about Romney's health-care idea is that he wants to scrap what Medicare and Medicaid do for future seniors (not for our parents, but for you and me, Firestar, who will be entering the job market very soon), and instead, when we become 65, we'll get a "voucher system," where we get a check for some amount of money and we're told "Knock yourselves out." No more money per month, just one voucher that might not last us even a few months with healthcare.

tl;dr Romney is a piece of crap. I can't wait to see what his foreign policy is during the next Presidential debate, because he's a businessman and he hasn't said a single thing about foreign policy.

EDIT: Just found this. Thought it was pretty funny xD http://onslaughtsix....28/vukizzle-wow
[/quote]
You're telling me what I said myself - I don't like either of them and Romney is better for me short term. I get you have something against him, but I know exactly what I'm supporting.

My family also falls into that bracket of being favored.
10-08-2012 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator

Let us not argue, People.

10-08-2012 08:57 AM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

[quote name='bcousins' timestamp='1349650653' post='49658']
Let us not argue, People.
[/quote]I thought we were debating. Tongue
10-08-2012 09:18 AM
Ben Cousins Offline
Administrators

Benevolent Dictator

[quote name='SlyCooperFan1' timestamp='1349651921' post='49659']
I thought we were debating. Tongue
[/quote]

I don't really want any political debates to turn ugly, Hence I'm nipping it in the bud now.

10-08-2012 09:32 AM
Tys Owner Offline
Registered

Really, I hate both of them. Entirely I hate how the American Political system is set-up, I don't understand why there is a right and wroung party and you have to decide between one of them. George Washington once said "The common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest of a wise people to discourage and restrain it. It serves always to distract the public counsels and enfeeble the public administration."

I fully agree with this quote cold heartily I find that having political patys is just 100% ***** up America, why can't all of our polictical leaders work for there constitutes an not for a party. And I really don't understand how congress can represent their constitutes when they make nearly 3.5 times more then the Median household income.
10-08-2012 01:06 PM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

[quote name='Tys Owner' timestamp='1349665616' post='49661']
Really, I hate both of them. Entirely I hate how the American Political system is set-up, I don't understand why there is a right and wroung party and you have to decide between one of them. George Washington once said "The common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest of a wise people to discourage and restrain it. It serves always to distract the public counsels and enfeeble the public administration."

I fully agree with this quote cold heartily I find that having political patys is just 100% ***** up America, why can't all of our polictical leaders work for there constitutes an not for a party. And I really don't understand how congress can represent their constitutes when they make nearly 3.5 times more then the Median household income.
[/quote]Yes. The system is terrible. Every American agrees.

However, most Americans are lazy and are not going to do anything about it. The rest who want to change can't get the right people in office to represent their ideas because anyone who runs for an office is looking for money.

I fully agree with the George Washington quote as well, and we shouldn't have political parties. Unfortunately, we're always going to have them. :/
10-08-2012 02:19 PM
Firestar Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

[quote name='SlyCooperFan1' timestamp='1349669958' post='49675']
Yes. The system is terrible. Every American agrees.
[/quote]I don't, I think it was the best political system ever created during it's time.
10-08-2012 04:44 PM
SlyCooperFan1 Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member

[quote name='Firestar' timestamp='1349678696' post='49684']
I don't, I think it was the best political system ever created during it's time.
[/quote]During its time, it was. But now it's just something for politicians to abuse until they get voted out of office, which doesn't happen until the following election.
10-10-2012 11:47 AM