We've moved!
Host4Post has shifted over to an SSD VPS, to speed up your site. If you're seeing this message, then you're seeing the new server on any domain that is pointed to our nameservers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook fan worth?
subodh Offline
Registered

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Facebook fan worth?

I have just read article about facebook fans. It says :
Quote:"With each new fan acquired will drive an additional 20 visits to websites."

If we can calculate 100 fans means 2000 extra hits per days. Good traffic? What you guys think?
06-25-2011 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Facebook fan worth?

Well, not sure about that. Unfortunately, Host 4 Post only has 22 likes Sad

EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE IT! Smile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Host-4-Pos...6356530834 :dance:
06-25-2011 11:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NBardales Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Facebook fan worth?

That's interesting and it should work that way... I have tried to study the market on my spare time and I've noticed two things:

1. We like/don't like because everybody else likes/doesn't like.
2. We like/don't like because of what people might think.

If few people like, we're scared of what others might think of us if we do like! and if a lot of people like or dislike something, we're scared of what they might think if we don't do the same...

It's nice when you see a person that doesn't care about what others think and just do what they feel like doing. We should all do the same...

By the way Cohen, I just liked the page on facebook, sorry for not doing it before! Angel
07-02-2011 10:05 AM
vinith98 Offline
Registered

Facebook fan worth?

"With each new fan acquired will drive an additional 20 visits to websites."

Well I think this was a long time back, these days the number of fans has reduced just to some number. Maybe cause its become pretty much easy to get likes using tools likes twiends etc. Thousands of likes on a webpages does not necessarily mean huge traffic.
07-03-2011 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Geek Cohen Offline
Retired Staff

Retired Staff Member
Facebook fan worth?

(07-02-2011 10:05 AM)NBardales Wrote:  By the way Cohen, I just liked the page on facebook, sorry for not doing it before! Angel

Thanks Smile
07-03-2011 02:03 PM
roshans Offline
Registered

Facebook fan worth?

just liked the page... sorry for delay... Undecided
10-15-2011 07:21 PM
uche Offline

Banned
Facebook fan worth?

I HAVE DONE THE LIKE
10-17-2011 09:38 AM
clannoobz Offline
Registered

Facebook fan worth?

I never knew that :O. I always thought the like system would turn up as about a 1:1 experience, as I do not go around clicking on links on friends' walls. If that is true...then I only need 1 person to like a page to get 20 hits? I had 3 people like mine and got around 2 hits every month; but it was sort of a novelty site before...
10-20-2011 02:34 PM
ezwebgroup Offline
Registered

Facebook fan worth?

But the Fans should be genuine, (mean the people who really interested in website). Fan Should Not be acquired through fan exchange programs etc. coz these type of fans never visit your site.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2011 06:30 PM by ezwebgroup.)
10-24-2011 06:30 PM
BigBetClub Offline
Registered

Facebook fan worth?

My fan page only has 5 likes but I just started it yesterday and I doubt with each new fan you will get 20 new visits. But I like how you can "tweet" from twitter and have that tweet automatically posted to your fan page. It's a great marketing technique.
12-05-2011 01:25 AM
AdamG Offline
Registered

Facebook fan worth?

(06-25-2011 12:40 PM)subodh Wrote:  I have just read article about facebook fans. It says :
Quote:"With each new fan acquired will drive an additional 20 visits to websites."

If we can calculate 100 fans means 2000 extra hits per days. Good traffic? What you guys think?

I agree with you because I'm having a Facebook fan page and yesterday I got 3500 extra hits and total fans on the page are 170 right now.
03-14-2012 09:24 PM
Bauss Offline

Banned
Facebook fan worth?

You honestly never know how much a "fan" is worth, because it's up to the user whether or not they wan't to visit your website. If you went and bought fans then they most likely won't comment or view your website because they are fake accounts.
05-22-2012 01:24 PM