Intuit Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 130 million members globally. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, shopping for insurance and loans (car, home and personal) and savings accounts and checking accounts* -- all for free.
Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we now have more than 1,700 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Culver City, San Diego, London and New York City.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC The Design team at Credit Karma International is part of the driving force to expand our service beyond credit and enable our members to make progress across their financial life. Many of our team previously worked at startups or scaled environments, but joined to innovate at the scale of 100M+ members.
We are looking for a Senior Content Designer or UX Writer who’s passionate about designing compelling user experiences to help our members get and manage financial products in a way that advances towards their goals. Content Designers at Credit Karma are passionate about our company mission of championing financial progress for all.
In addition, you would participate in research to deeply understand the emotional context of our members as they face financial challenges. We collaborate with cross-functional teams of designers, marketers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to ideate, conceive, test, design, experiment, and iterate toward improving the ways our members make financial progress.
What You’ll Do
- Translate complex and/or vague product goals into content strategy and copy that helps users understand and complete the task at hand for both in-product and marketing
- Set the tone for content and drive cohesive product narratives across touchpoints
- Write mobile-first UI copy for Credit Karma’s web and native products
- Articulate the strategy around your copy in compelling ways
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers and engineers
- Investigate user problems and define approaches
- Deliver shippable content within estimated time frames
- Create differentiated copy approaches for quantitative testing
- Graciously give and take constructive feedback
- Develop a vision for your product area and help the team build toward it
- Drive alignment between stakeholders as the storyteller articulating why any given project matters to users
- Develop a new consumer focused tone of voice
- Help shape Credit Karma’s CRM and acquisition copy
What’s Great About The Role
- Content Design combines skills included in UX Writing and Content Strategy to create a role equivalent to Product Designer
- What we’re doing as a company is ambitious and feels good: we’re offering free tools to help people improve their financial lives
- You’re involved in every aspect of defining and developing the interaction design
- You own not only the language of the features you’re responsible for, but the broader future that these experiences help people achieve.
Minimum Basic Requirements
- 5+ years experience as a Content Designer, UX Writer or Content Strategist
- 5+ Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects and sequencing work between competing timelines
- 5+ Experience working in a regulated industry with legal and technical constraints
- Comfortable working with information architecture, wireframes, and prototypes
- Professional examples exhibiting your ability to solve complex writing challenges in unique, creative, and elegant way
- Comfortable facilitating design workshops and exercises
- Knowledgeable about the UX design process (research, testing, iterations, strategy)
- Familiar with Figma
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups.
We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact CANDIDATE.SUPPORT@CREDITKARMA.COM if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: